Split Sleeve Clamps
MORGRIP subsea pipeline repair clamps, also referred to as split sleeve clamps, provide a fast and effective subsea pipeline repair. This split-sleeve description reflects how the body splits in two in order to enable installation around a pipeline, without needing to cut out the damaged section. Once installed, the activation of a split sleeve clamp is achieved through the bolt tensioning of the studs located along the flange where the split occurs.
A Split sleeve subsea clamp can repair or protect a pipeline while mitigating the need to cut out and replace the damaged section. They can be categorized as temporary or permanent depending on whether they can withstand the structural loads on the pipeline, and it is recommended that for a permanent solution a suitable third party accreditation is sort.
The seal material is another important factor for consideration as this not only impacts the performance with different pipe media, but can also impact on storage should the unit be part of a contingency plan or Emergency Pipeline Repair System.
All our subsea clamp product lines, including our remote clamps, can be supplied with a leak sealing or structural capability, with graphite or elastomeric seals to suit your specific application with regards to temperature, pressure, pipe media and location. All our products can be DNV-GL Product Certified to F101/F113 which is the subsea pipeline and repair recommended practice.
|Gripping:||Leak Sealing – None|
|Structural – Collet|
|Sealing||Graphite or Elastomeric|
|Optional Seal Lengths|
|Optional torque or tension activation|
|Pipe Material:||Carbon Steel|
|Duplex & Super Duplex|
|Pipe Range:||OD 1/2″ to 48″|
|Pipe Pressure:||up to and exceeding ANSI Class 2500# (640Bar, 9,000psi)|
|Installation:||Optional Deployment Frame|
|Certification:||API, DNV GL Product Approval, NACE compliant|
Features and Benefits:
- Graphite seals offers a high pressure, high temperature option with excellent chemcial resistivity and indefinite shelf life ideal for long term storage.
- Elastomeric seals require a lower activation load offering a more compact clamp with increased pipe tolerance capability.
- External pressure test facilities ensure back seal pressure test prior to commissioning
- Permanent or temporary repair available
- Can be used for emergency repair or stored as contingency equipment as part of an Emergency Pipeline Repair System (EPRS) club
- Can be provided on a project-by-project basis by our dedicated engineering team