Onshore & Topside Connectors
MORGRIP Onshore & Topside Connectors enable pipework to be joined or terminated in a flange or end cap, without the need for welding or hot work.
The unique gripping and graphite sealing technology ensures a connection that is at least as strong as the pipe itself, outperforming quality welds in fatigue loading.
A DNV-GL Type Approved product, MORGRIP Onshore & Topside Connectors enable a certified permanent repair for a wide range of pipe material, pressured, diameter and temperatures.
With over 3000 supplied since the 1980’s MORGRIP retains a 100% in-service leak free record. These products are quick and easy to install significantly reducing shutdown windows and associated operational costs.
The MORGRIP Connector is designed in full compliance with the pressure / capacity requirements of DNV GL-RP-F113 and ST-F101 where applicable.
For design purposes alternative codes, such as API-5L and ASME B31.3, can also be used to determine the required test pressure.
All pressure retaining components can be designed in compliance with ASME BPVC VIII Div. 2 on request.
|Gripping:||Ball & Taper|
|Flange Adaptor (pipe-to-flange termination)|
|Customer specific termination|
|Pipe Material:||Carbon Steel|
|Duplex & Super Duplex|
|Pipe Range:||OD 1/2″ to 42″|
|Pipe Pressure:||DNV Type Approval up to ANSI Class 2500# (640Bar, 9,000psi)|
|DNV Product Approval up to API 10,000 (1034Bar)|
|Installation:||Hydraulic tensioners operated by trained field service technician|
Features and Benefits:
- Metal graphite composite sealing enables the seal to flow around the pipe OD, ensuring a chemical resistant, high temperature, high pressure seal that will not degrade in extreme environments
- Engineered gripping sections include balls that are mounted on a tapered housing. When the gripping element is activated this taper enables the balls to roll onto the pipe OD. The load exerted by the gripping element is an engineered value that is dependent on pipe strength and wall thickness
- Fire safe in accordance with API Spec 6FB, achieved through a unique metal graphite composite seal, mechanical gripping and retained stud bolts
- External pressure test facilities ensure joint integrity prior to commissioning
- Full DNV, Lloyds and ABS accredited approvals exist for either permanent or temporary repair.
- Can be used for emergency repair, planned shut downs and tie-ins, or stored as contingency equipment as part of an Emergency Pipeline Repair System (EPRS) club
- Offering a 30 year design life; and providing a totally maintenance free solution
- Can be provided on a project-by-project basis by our dedicated engineering team