MORGRIP Subsea Connectors enable subsea pipelines to be joined or terminated in a flange or end cap, without the need for hyperbaric welding or hot work.
With a choice of gripping and sealing technologies available, we are able to meet a wide criteria of customer needs that balance the specific application requirements with quality, cost and delivery schedule options.
For DNV-GL Type Approved Subsea Connectors, the MORGRIP is supplied with our unique gripping and graphite sealing technology to ensure a connection that is at least as strong as the pipe itself, outperforming quality welds in fatigue loading.
With over 3000 supplied since the 1980’s MORGRIP retains a 100% in-service leak free record. These products are quick and easy to install significantly reducing shutdown windows and associated operational costs.
The MORGRIP Connector is designed in full compliance with the pressure / capacity requirements of DNV GL-RP-F113 and ST-F101 where applicable.
For design purposes alternative codes, such as API-5L and ASME B31.3, can also be used to determine the required test pressure.
All pressure retaining components can be designed in compliance with ASME BPVC VIII Div. 2 on request.
|Gripping:||Ball & Taper or Collet|
|Sealing:||Graphite or Elastomeric|
|Flange Adaptor (pipe-to-flange termination)|
|Customer specific termination|
|Pipe Material:||Carbon Steel|
|Duplex & Super Duplex|
|Pipe Range:||DNV Type Approval for OD 1/2″ to 42″|
|DNV Product Approval for +42″|
|Pipe Pressure:||DNV Type Approval up to ANSI Class 2500# (640Bar, 9,000psi)|
|DNV Product Approval up to API 10,000 (1034Bar)|
Features and Benefits:
- Graphite seals offers a high pressure, high temperature option with excellent chemcial resistivity and indefinite shelf life ideal for long term storage.
- Elastomeric seals require a lower activation load offering a more compact connector solution ideal for thin walled pipes
- External pressure test facilities ensure joint integrity prior to commissioning
- Full DNV, Lloyds and ABS accredited approvals exist for either permanent or temporary repair.
- Can be used for emergency repair, planned shut downs and tie-ins, or stored as contingency equipment as part of an Emergency Pipeline Repair System (EPRS) club
- Offering a 30 year design life; and providing a totally maintenance free solution
- Can be provided on a project-by-project basis by our dedicated engineering team